Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The war is not over, but the battle was won

I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day in Kansas than the one today. Its 80 degrees, sun is out, and not an ounce of wind....a rarity in KS. Its a shame to have such a beautiful day with such a heavy heart.

Last night, I was on Facebook and see a post from a girl I went to high school with. She posts something to the effect of "Thank God my kids don't know how to use the remote, cause Rosie O'Donnell has a show on OnDemand." Normally I would think to myself, "ok, why?" but coming from this girl I knew immediately what her intent was. I then continued to read others posts and comments and that is when I put my foot down and said something. After the all the back and forth on views about gay rights, same sex marriage, etc., I just knew that there was no reasoning and I was just making myself angry.
I just don't understand how you can preach Christian ways but have such a hatred towards a group of people. There are so many more things in this world to be angry with or protest than gay rights. I wasn't looking for her to change your views, but she couldn't even acknowledge that people may be born with homosexual tendencies. I am somewhat over the how situation, but I jsut struggle with why people have hatred. That will probably be a life long struggle.

Onwards and upwards.....since it is such a beautiful day, I am going to go golf with my partner and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment